Please Login or Register

Manager A.J. Hinch the first to take the Astros' World Series trophy home  

RSS

julious
22/03/2018 8:41 am  

The Astros' World Series trophy will change hands countless times, but manager A.J. Hinch was the first to take it home Thursday night after the team landed back in Houston late in the afternoon."I slept by it," Hinch said Friday before the team's championship parade. "I called (Astros GM) Jeff (Luhnow) actually on the way home and I said, 'Listen, I've got the trophy in case there's some sort of issue. But I took it over to some really close friends of ours and their kids got to see it, my kids got to see it. My kids got to see it on the stage in L.A., which was cool. "But I drove it around. I took it this morning to breakfast with Phil Garner https://www.astrosfansgear.com/Roy_Oswalt_Replica_Jersey-250 . That was a good experience for me. I know this trophy's going to get passed around. I sort of hijacked it for the first night because I was the last one in the clubhouse last night. I just happened to walk by it and said, 'I'm going to take it.' I asked for forgiveness after I took it. But it was cool."

ReplyQuote